Submit a Privacy Act Request

A Privacy Act (PA) Request is one in which a United States citizen or Legal Permanent Resident seeks records on herself/himself that are contained in a file retrievable by the individual's name or personal identifier. A PA request must be submitted in writing via postal mail or fax. 


  • The request must include valid form of identification such as a copy of a photo ID or driver's license.
  • Include your full name and current address so we may mail your response.
  • Describe the record you are seeking in detail. Details may include information about the document; the specific System of Records Notice (SORN), including the System ID and System Name, where the records can be found; and the time frame to be searched. 
  • As a resource, utilize the PCLFD SORN page. Each SORN has a specific Record Access Procedure category; please include the detailed information from that section in your request.
  • Only the individual to whom the record pertains can request the records.
  • Sign your request. Your signature must be notarized or submitted via an unsworn declaration in accordance with 28 U.S.C. 1746, a law that permits statements to be made under penalty of perjury as a substitute for notarization.
    • If you are executing the unsworn declaration within the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths, it must read as follows: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)."
    • If you are executing the unsworn declaration outside the United States, it must read as follows: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)."


DoD PA systems of records are decentralized. Accordingly, if you know which DoD Component maintains the records, submit your request directly to them. If you're unsure where the record is maintained, please review the list below to identify an appropriate office.

Where to send a FOIA/PA request: